Step Two Hundred and Ninety-Four


Step 294. Review
Begin this two-week review with this invocation:

“I am now a student of Knowledge. I will learn of the meaning and the purpose of Knowledge through my participation. I will follow my participation without attempting to alter its methods or its lessons in any way because I wish to learn. I am a student of Knowledge in a world where Knowledge seems to be absent. For this reason I have been sent here to prepare to give that which Knowledge will wish to give to the world. I am a student of Knowledge. I am secure in my responsibility. In this, I will receive all that I truly desire, for I truly desire to love the world.”

Following this invocation begin your two-week Review. Beginning with the first day in this two-week period, read the lesson for that day and remember your practice. Continue on in this way to cover all the days in this two-week period, and then attempt to have an overview of your life during this practice time. Begin to see what has occurred in your life in this two-week period.

As you gain an overview, you will begin to see the movement of your life. Perhaps this will be subtle at first, but you will soon begin to realize that your life is progressing rapidly and that your values and your experience of yourself are changing. You are changing fundamentally. You are finally becoming yourself. You will realize that war, which still rages in you from time to time, will diminish and become less frequent. Only with a conscious and objective overview can this be recognized, and as it is recognized, it will give you the confidence and the conviction to proceed on, for you will know that you are following your true course and your true destiny. You will know that you are a true student of Knowledge and that you have made the right decision concerning your studenthood.

Practice
 294: 
One long practice period.

Here you will find the entire book free for download http://stepstoknowledge.com/

Here you will find pointers for getting started if this is your first encounter with this practice: Taking the Steps to Knowledge.

April 3, 2014 Round One: Reviews are becoming more and more involved as Steps go on. I try to do what the review asks, read back over each lesson and my notes and then try to pick out some key and salient point for each step and write it down. That is what I did this time and that helps to gain a general overview of what has happened for me during the past two weeks.

This time I definitely feel I have become stronger in Knowledge.

These past two weeks of Steps and this review have reinforced my conviction that Knowledge is the true anchor in my life and being a student of Knowledge will resolve any conflict I may feel. These past two weeks in which Steps addresses not being at war with myself or the world, not being in conflict with myself or others, seeing how the people I may feel have erred against me are actually helping me to reclaim Knowledge have come at the perfect time, at a time when there has been much conflict and turmoil in the world and I have felt drawn to assess my own position and own views, despite all the confusion and conflicting views broiling all over the place. I gained a deeper insight during this time into how Knowledge truly is the solid, unperturbed rock of Truth.

I appreciate how “I am a student of Knowledge in a world where Knowledge seems to be absent.” This makes me feel I am one of the fortunate ones, someone who has recognized the power of Knowledge and is following a curriculum to strengthen it in myself and hence in the world.

“you begin to realize that your life is progressing rapidly and that your values and your experience of yourself are changing. You are changing fundamentally. You are finally becoming yourself.”

I highlighted these words because they truly reflect what I am experiencing today.

May 31, 2015 Round Two: “I have been sent here to prepare to give that which Knowledge will wish to give to the world.”

This is the crux of this review for me and the movement of my life during the past two-week period is going in this direction.

My notes the first time put in a nutshell the main focus of my practice and provide a succinct overview of where I am at just now.
 
Step 281. Knowledge will bring me back to my True Self.
Step 282. I am learning discernment, taking responsibility for what I know.
Step 283. Where Knowledge is recognized and followed, there can be no conflict.
Step 284. I am cultivating the ability to express Knowledge through stillness and thus kindle Knowledge in other minds.
Step 285. When Heaven and Earth touch, true communication begins to exist and Knowledge can be transferred into the world.
Step 286. Do not battle against the current, allow inner peace to extend out into the world.
Step 287. Knowledge is the peacekeeper, Knowledge is all-benevolent and all-understanding.
Step 288. Each person is at their own stage of development. This Step helps me to better understand the current Russia/Ukraine conflict.
Step 289. Do not assume, do not be drawn into confusion and ambivalence, know I am learning.
Step 290. I am a student no matter what, so I would do better to choose a curriculum that empowers me and makes me feel as though I am coming home.
Step 291. Those who have erred against me are showing me a shortcut to Knowledge.
Step 292. I am not angry at the world, I appreciate all the opportunities it gives me learn and turn to Knowledge.
Step 293. Knowledge is the true beacon of light that guides the way through the darkness of confusion and ambivalence to the Truth.
What really matters to me now is the opportunity to deepen my relationship with Knowledge, receiving clarity about my life path, gaining greater confidence in my purpose, strengthening my “knowing” that I am doing the right thing, grounding myself, cultivating my ability to see, and feeling the guidance and presence of my Teachers.

This review draws attention to my participation. How well am I participating and what are its consequences? I feel I am participating, I am showing myself, I am talking and sharing, but is really me? I often want to withdraw and not participate - is this my True Self?

I am drawn to the words, You are finally becoming yourself.

Day 6 of the Steps Vigil 2015 hosted by Jansett.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step Thirty-Seven

Step Two Hundred and Eight

Step Two Hundred and Twenty-Three