Step Two Hundred and Fifty-Three


Step 253. All Things I Truly Need Will Be Provided For Me.
To this statement you must give your complete faith, though your past has been a record of discouragement and disappointment. Yet, even here you can realize that those things that you truly needed for the advancement of Knowledge and for the advancement of your true mental and physical capabilities were provided for you.

All things you truly need will be provided. It is when you want things that you do not truly need that your awareness of this becomes confused, and this leads you into dark speculation and grave disappointment. What you need will make you happy; what you don’t need will make you confused. This is very simple, very straightforward and very direct. Knowledge is always like that. Knowledge affirms that which is essential. Here your approach to life becomes simple and direct. Thus, you experience life as simple and direct.

If you approach life in a devious way, life will appear devious to you. If you approach life with simplicity and honesty, life will appear simple and honest to you. Knowledge will indicate that which is truly needed and that which is extraneous, those things that you must carry and those which are merely extra baggage that will burden you. If you want what is unnecessary and devote yourself to that, you will lose touch with what is real and genuine, and your life will become confused and unhappy.

Speak these words upon the hour and consider them. Life around you will demonstrate that they are true. In your deeper meditation practices, enter stillness once again. Direct your effort on your own behalf, and your mind will respond to your command. It is your desire for Knowledge that will let all things come to you. This confidence in life will give you the assurance to proceed. This confidence in life will give you the assurance that your life is highly valued in the world. This confidence in life will affirm that which guides life itself, for within life there is Knowledge and there is fantasy, but life itself is Knowledge.

Practice 253
: Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.

Here you will find the entire book free for download http://stepstoknowledge.com/

Here you will find pointers for getting started if this is your first encounter with this practice: Taking the Steps to Knowledge.

February 4, 2013 Round One: "What you need will make you happy; what you don’t need will make you confused."

Nothing could be simpler, more straightforward, or more direct than that!

And it has been my experience in life so far that life reflects back at me what I project onto it. When I am happy and harmonious, life is happy and harmonious. When I reach out to others, others reach out to me. When I am positive, positive things happen. If I don’t expect the worst, the worst doesn’t happen. I reap what I sow, in other words. This is indeed my experience and I am confident that what I truly need will be provided for me. I will get what I need!

April 16, 2015 Round Two: When I read the title of this Step for today, I smiled in delight! This is precisely what I am experiencing today. I am taking the house we have been offered to live in as evidence of the universe providing me with everything I need. And my past record of discouragement and disappointment has brought me to this very threshold. Nothing has worked so far because this is what I have been waiting for. However, I cannot take this lightly.

As I revisited my first post on this Step on the New Message forum I read a wonderful response by another student, who quoted one of the Secrets of Heaven: Secret 83: “Knowledge brings responsibility, and purpose always has a calling. Indeed, the function of purpose is the response to a calling. You  cannot understand your purpose without acting upon it. This action will call for perhaps a greater participation and understanding than you have ever known.”

This speaks straight to my heart today and to my situation. I cannot understand without acting, and action will lead me to greater participation and understanding. I am ready for this.

March 18, 2019 Round Three: Again I smiled in delight as I read the title of my Step for today. Well, wow! How pertinent! It is superb and perfect for today. It gives me the confidence in life and assurance I need. If I direct my effort on my own behalf my mind will respond to my command. How superb is that?! Today I plan to call my employer and ask if he would be able to pay me my salary for the year now. Seems rather a bold request, and I doubt many employers would be eager to agree, but I feel that my employer will accommodate me and I will be provided for. If I approach life with simplicity and honesty, life will appear simple and honest to me. It does in this situation, like there is nothing more simple and honest than asking to be paid in advance for work I do well and promptly. This confidence in life will give me the assurance that my life is highly valued in the world. I believe my employer highly values me as an employee, he is pleased with my work. I feel he will agree to my proposal. But I am open to him refusing, if that is to be. Knowledge knows what is best.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step Three Hundred and Seventeen

Step Three Hundred and Twelve

Step Three Hundred and Fifteen