Step Two Hundred and Thirty-One


Step 231. I Have A Calling In This World.
You have a calling in this world. It is not what you think it is. It will emerge from your Knowledge once Knowledge is allowed to emerge within your mind. You have a calling in this world because you have come here to do some very specific things. Your purpose in this world is to reclaim your Knowledge and to allow your Knowledge to express itself. That is a very simple statement of your purpose, but it is a statement that contains a great deal of depth and a great deal that must be fulfilled in time.

You have a calling in this world because you were sent here to do something. It is for this reason that your mind is the way it is and that you have a specific nature that is distinct from others. As your calling emerges, you will realize why you think and act the way you do, and all of this will be brought into true balance and harmony. This will erase all cause you have for self-condemnation, for your nature represents a usefulness that you have not yet realized. In other words, you are made specifically for something that you have not yet comprehended. Prior to this you will resist your nature, thinking it is a limitation upon you. In time, you will realize that it is an invaluable resource for accomplishment, for you have a calling in the world.

Upon the hour remind yourself of this and remind yourself that you do not yet know what your calling is. Without presumptions, you will be in a position to discover the truth. In your deeper practice periods today enter stillness and silence once again, utilizing the word RAHN if you find that helpful. This is a day of preparation for you to realize your true calling in the world. It is a day given to Knowledge and a day that is taken away from false assumptions and self-deception. A day given to Knowledge brings you closer to realizing your calling, which will arise naturally without your presumptions once you and those with whom you must be engaged are prepared.

Practice
 231: Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.

Here you will find the entire book free for download 
Here you will find pointers for getting started if this is your first encounter with this practice: Taking the Steps to Knowledge.

December 22, 2013 Round One: I am still confused, and I am allowing myself to continue to be confused and say that if this calling is something specific I have still not heard it, seen it, or felt it. For me this calling so far is expressed in reclaiming Knowledge and gaining a deeper understanding of my True Self, my spiritual connection with the rest of the Universe, my connection with my Source, the true nature of my relationships. I am trusting what it says in the last sentence – I understand it to mean that if I continue to reclaim Knowledge, allow Knowledge to emerge and become a vehicle for Knowledge, my calling with arise naturally. It is nothing I have to construe or construct for myself. I will know in all due course. Today I am still inclined to believe that it is nothing earth-shattering, monumental, or beyond my abilities. It is nothing that will stretch me beyond what I already know how to do. If I continue to do what I know and what makes my soul sing, I cannot be going far wrong (or so it seems to me).

March 23, 2015 Round Two: Any attempts to figure out what my calling might be are futile. I can think of many things, but how do I know for sure? I will only know when I know. Until then, I will just keep doing what feels right to me, trying to orient my behavior and thinking toward reclaiming Knowledge. Today I get the feeling this was all set in motion before I came here. There was a task to be done and my specific makeup this time suited it, so it was assigned to me. I will not know for sure if I did what I was sent here to do until I leave. Of course, if I did not do what I was sent here to do, it will be a bit late then to do anything about it. It would be nice to know ahead of time, so that I can rectify things if I am headed down the wrong path, but I get that this is not the way it works. I do what I feel an inner prompting to do and hope for the best.

P.S. I tend to think that my calling must have something to do with the New Message, something that will be revealed to me now that I have found it (the NM). But is this the case? Perhaps I was called to do something else and I have already done it? Perhaps it has to do with alcohol dependence and becoming free of it? And not only for myself, but for my husband as well? It was a joint effort after all.


Or perhaps it was finding this place in the country? This also involves a broader picture, involves more people, is not just a private pursuit for my own personal benefit.

February 24, 2019 Round Three: Now I am pretty sure my calling is translating the NM into Russian. My whole life has been a set of stepping stones leading to this point. I don’t have much more to say about this. I feel I have discovered my calling and it fits perfectly with my nature. It also has something to do with being here in the country. I am content and fulfilled. But there is much more to come.
Revisiting this Step on August 18, 2020, I question what I wrote above. I do not think my calling is to translate the NM into Russian, at least this is not my main calling. I still do not know what my calling is. At the moment, I am in closer relationship with my oldest daughter and oldest son. I often feel my calling is with my family.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step Three Hundred and Seventeen

Step Three Hundred and Fifteen

Step Three Hundred and Twelve