Step One Hundred and Ninety-Seven


Step 197. Knowledge Must Be Experienced To Be Realized.

Today I will not think that I can understand Knowledge with my intellect or that I can conceptualize the greatness of life. I will not think today that by a mere idea or assumption I can fully gain access to Knowledge itself. Realizing this, I will understand what is required of me and what I must give to my practices, for I must give of myself.

You must give of yourself. You cannot merely think of ideas and hope that they will answer your greatest need. Realizing this today, repeat your practice upon the hour and in your deeper meditations give yourself completely to the experience of Knowledge. Enter into stillness. Allow yourself to be completely involved. With this you will exercise the power of your own mind on your behalf. You will then realize that you have the power to dispel distractions; you have the power to dispel fear; you have the power to dispel obstructions because your will is to know Knowledge.

Practice 197:
 Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.
Here you will find the entire book free for download http://stepstoknowledge.com/

Here you will find pointers for getting started if this is your first encounter with this practice: Taking the Steps to Knowledge.

September 30, 2013 Round One: I am beginning to realize that I cannot understand Knowledge with my intellect – this is not an intellectual practice, it is a practice that goes much deeper than the surface mind to somewhere deep inside. Intellectual analysis, ideas, and assumptions will not take me where I need to go, Knowledge must be felt at some core level, a level that takes practice to access. All I can say today is that when I do access it, I just “know” without the need to justify, analyze, or prove. Yes, Knowledge must be experienced to be realized, and then all distractions, fears, and obstructions are dispelled - this is a core Truth.

February 15, 2015 Round Two: I will not think today that by a mere idea or assumption I can fully gain access to Knowledge itself.” 

This speaks loud and clear to me today. I wish to release all my ideas and assumptions, stand outside my mind, shed my mind, to maybe, just maybe, grasp some inkling of the truth. I wish I could just stop thinking and merely do what I need to do. I have plenty of things to do—not piddling, busy work, but true tasks to build the bridge between this world and my Ancient Home. Let me be able to accomplish them without becoming sucked into the bog of my mind. I need to just keep moving on.

January 20, 2019 Round Three: I am to give of myself to experience Knowledge. I can exercise the power of my own mind on my behalf. I have the power to dispel distractions, the power to dispel fear, the power to dispel obstructions, because my will is to know Knowledge. I am to give myself completely to the experience of Knowledge in my meditation. I am alone again so I have the luxury of doing my meditation in bed. I did the full thirty minutes this morning from 5.56 - 6.26 and it was very potent. I experienced the power of my mind, I used it to dispel distractions, dispel the dark forces, experience my part in the world.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step Three Hundred and Seventeen

Step Three Hundred and Twelve

Step Three Hundred and Fifteen