Step One Hundred and Eighty-Two


Step 182. Review
Today marks an important turning point in your preparation. Today marks the completion of the first stage of your preparation and the beginning of a new stage. Review the past week in one long practice period and then take time to think how far you have come and how far you need to go. Recognize your growing power and strength. Think of your outer life and recognize how much needs to be accomplished there, both on your own behalf and for the well-being of others. Recognize how little you know and how much is available to you. Do not let any self-doubt dissuade you in your undertaking, for you need only participate to receive the greatest gift that life can give.

Review the past week and think now of what has transpired in your preparation thus far. Observe the development that has occurred within you these past few months—the growing sense of presence, the growing sense of inner certainty, the growing sense of inner power. Allow for the fact that your outer life has begun to open. Certain things that were fixed before have now been loosened so that they may be rearranged on your behalf. Allow your outer life to be rearranged, now that you are not seeking to dominate it for your personal protection. As a greater certainty arises within you, outer circumstances must be rearranged on your own behalf. Thus, you become a source of change and not the recipient of it only.

Recognize how far you have come, but keep in mind that you are a beginning student of Knowledge. Allow this to be your starting point so that you may assume little and receive a great deal. From this great point of reference, you will be able to see beyond the prejudice and the condemnation of humanity. You will be able to see beyond a personal viewpoint and have a vision of the world that the world is desperate to receive.

Practice 182:
 
One long practice period.

Here you will find the entire book free for download http://stepstoknowledge.com/

Here you will find pointers for getting started if this is your first encounter with this practice: Taking the Steps to Knowledge.

August 19, 2013 Round One: "Observe the development that has occurred within you these past few months—the growing sense of presence, the growing sense of inner certainty, the growing sense of inner power."

"Allow your outer life to be rearranged, now that you are not seeking to dominate it for your personal protection."


I am experiencing this today, my growing sense of inner certainty and inner power. I do not cringe from the world as I used to. I used to want to set boundaries, protecting my personal space, and although this is still important from the viewpoint of intervention from the Greater Community, it is no longer such an issue in the world. I do not wish to isolate myself from other people as I used to, I am freer to express my own being without looking over my shoulder and do not find the presence of others such an intrusion. I became particularly aware of this over the past two weeks as I spent time out in the world communing with nature. In the past I always wanted to find a secluded spot with no other campers close by. Now, although I still cherish solitude, I do not find the presence of others so intrusive or disquieting. I am allowing my outer life to be rearranged.

Having completed the first part of Steps to Knowledge, I can sincerely state that I have formed a deeper connection with Knowledge and can feel it rising within me. It is my constant partner and source of guidance within and without.

January 29, 2015 Round Two: There is not much I can add this second time. My words about where I am today in a letter to a friend echo precisely what it says here about “the growing sense of presence, the growing sense of inner certainty, the growing sense of inner power.” 

This is what I am feeling today. My outer life is opening and my inner life is growing stronger.

I take courage as I continue to participate and make my way forward and onward.

December 30, 2018 Round Three: I find it significant that I am finishing Part One at the end of the year. Reading back on my past entries, I can say that I am continuing in the same vein. Sometimes I retreat back to my old ways of isolating from the world, but on the whole I feel I have reached a place of greater engagement in the world since I feel the inner certainty and inner power it refers to in the Step. I can hold my ground without faltering. Today marks an important turning point in my preparation. I am to see how far I have come, but realize that I still have a long way to go. My outer life is opening and being rearranged on my behalf, as well as for the well-being of others. I have come to live in the country, far from the madding crowd, but here I am in a better position to open to others. I feel grounded now, so I have something to offer. I have a foundation and a starting point from which to launch forth. This past week of Steps has been about recognizing my need for Knowledge, realizing what others and the world have given me, how they are showing me (mainly through errors) what is true and how Knowledge is the grounding, steady force that abides with me through life. I only complain when I am lacking in Knowledge. Knowledge always sets things to right if I am honed in to it. There is nothing to worry about, because Knowledge will provide me with all I need and not allow what is unneeded. All is unfolding as it should. The January holidays, visits, trips will all go as they are supposed to. There is peace and calm in my life. This morning out in the garden there was perfect stillness and calm, not a single sound, the world enveloped in a mysterious haze, a halo around the waning moon. Totally blissful and magical.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step Three Hundred and Seventeen

Step Three Hundred and Twelve

Step Three Hundred and Fifteen