Step One Hundred and Forty-Six


My first Apple computer with daughter Ursula, Ocala, Florida, 1988

Step 146. I Will Honor My Teachers Today.
Your teachers, who are mysterious and who live beyond the visible, abide with you while you are in the world. Now that you have begun the steps towards the reclamation of Knowledge, their activity in your life will become stronger and more evident. You will begin to give your attention to this, and their need for you to develop will be greater, as your need for them will be greater.

Upon the hour and in your two longer practices, remember your Teachers and actively think about them. Honor your Teachers, then, for this proclaims that your ancient relationships are indeed alive and are present now to give you hope, certainty and empowerment. Honor your Teachers so that you may experience the depth of your own relationship with them. In your relationship with your Teachers is the spark of memory that reminds you of your Ancient Home and of your true destiny. Honor your Teachers so that you may be honored, for it is your honor that you must reclaim. In spite of whatever errors you have committed, it is your honor that you must reclaim. If this is done truly, it will be done in humility and simplicity, for as you honor yourself, you honor the greatness of life, of which you are a small but integral part.

Practice 146: Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.


Here you will find the entire book free for download http://stepstoknowledge.com/

Here you will find pointers for getting started if this is your first encounter with this practice: Taking the Steps to Knowledge.

May 26, 2013 Round One: I honor my Teachers today with every fiber of my being, and how can it be otherwise, since it is precisely today, as I practice this step, that their presence and activity in my life is becoming stronger and more evident. This is amazingly true, since there is no other way I can account for the serendipitous chain of events that is occurring in my life just now. Things that were beyond my imagination and realm of possibility are manifesting mysteriously in my life today. And it is the stronger presence of my Teachers that is making all this possible. This I know to be true beyond the shadow of a doubt. All is well.

December 18, 2014 Round Two: This time I doubt the presence of my Teachers. I want to experience my relationship with them, but today I cannot. I feel lost and adrift, uncertain and confused.

I wrote this at the beginning of the day and then things changed. I have been feeling an ever stronger connection with Knowledge over the past weeks and then a situation arose today that threw me back. I lost my faith in the Knowledge I know is with me. I prayed for clarity and received guidance, so I am back on track. My Teachers are with me and I honor them.

 “In spite of whatever errors you have committed, it is your honor that you must reclaim.”

This speaks deeply and directly to me today. I have committed many errors, but Knowledge has always been with me, nudging me, prompting me. Others may see my errors as failures that adversely affected them, but I am reclaiming my honor. I can still walk boldly forward with my honor intact.

I opened Secrets of Heaven to p. 243, and it addresses this very thing:

“You cannot argue with what you know. You cannot bargain with what you know. Therefore, do not undertake the path of Knowledge unless you can accept the responsibility.”

I wish to take the responsibility for my life, for my past errors, for my future giving as I continue the Steps to Knowledge.

P.S. This all has to do with Ursula. She has taught me in so many ways in this life. Thank you, my daughter!


P.P.S. Today is May 26, 2017. I continue to feel the strong presence of my Teachers in my life and honor them. I wait in anticipation for the Steps Vigil to begin in celebration of the 28th anniversary of when Steps to Knowledge were received by Marshall Vian Summers.

November 24, 2018 Round Three: I am to honor my Teachers today. In my relationship with my Teachers is the spark of memory that reminds me of my Ancient Home and my true destiny. I am to think actively about my Teachers during meditation. I must reclaim my honor to do this. I honor my Teachers and experience their presence in my life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step Three Hundred and Seventeen

Step Three Hundred and Twelve

Step Three Hundred and Fifteen