Step One Hundred and Twenty-Eight


Step 128. My Teachers Are With Me. I Need Not Fear.
Your inner teachers are with you, and you need not fear. If you have sufficient confidence in Knowledge, based upon actual experience, and sufficient confidence in the presence of your Teachers, based upon actual experience, this will give you a certainty and a faith in life that will counteract all fear that is unnecessary. This will leave your mind at ease.

Only concern that your Knowledge is being violated will emanate from Knowledge, and then only to indicate that you need to reassess your actions and ideas. Knowledge has a self-correcting principle. That is why it is your Inner Guidance. If you are going against your Knowledge, you will be ill at ease with yourself, and this will give rise to anxiety. Much of the fear that you experience moment to moment is simply a matter of your own creation, your own negative imagination. But, then, there is fear that is born of the violation of Knowledge. This is more a discomfort than a fear, for it rarely carries with it any kind of imagery at all, though ideas can come into your mind as a form of warning should you be attempting a behavior or a line of thinking that is dangerous or destructive.

Fear that is born of negative imagination comprises the vast majority of the fear with which you entertain yourself. This you must learn to counteract, for it is an inappropriate use of your mind. Here you create an experience for yourself, experience it and then call it reality. Meanwhile, you have not been present with life at all. You have merely been in fantasy within yourself. Negative imagination drains you emotionally, physically and mentally. It can be escalated to such heights that it can dominate your thinking altogether. For how else can you be separate in the universe except in your own thoughts? You cannot actually be separate from God. You cannot actually be separate from Knowledge. You can only hide in your own thoughts and weave them together to create a separate identity and experience for yourself which, though quite demonstrative, are in fact completely an illusion.

In your two meditation practices today, once again enter into stillness. Today there will be no mental speculation or activity, for the mind will once again come to rest so that it may experience its reality. Let not fear or anxiety dissuade you. Remember, this is your negative imagination only. Only Knowledge can indicate if you are doing something inappropriate, and that will only be in the face of immediate events. You will find that this is quite different from negative imagination and will require a different response from you.

Practice 128:
 
Two 30-minute practice periods.

Here you will find the entire book free for download http://stepstoknowledge.com/

Here you will find pointers for getting started if this is your first encounter with this practice: Taking the Steps to Knowledge.

April 29, 2013 Round One: This is a lot to get my head around, although the Step says,

"Today there will be no mental speculation or activity, for the mind will once again come to rest so that it may experience its reality"

so I am let off the hook with respect to exploration and analysis.

Today my mind is at ease and I am experiencing the presence of Knowledge and my Teachers, which is giving me confidence. I have an important task at hand and I want to give it my best, cull the depths of my mind to produce the best result I can. And I feel full of confidence that I can rise to this task because I am surrounded by the love and support of my Teachers and Knowledge is with me. I know this to be true, since in the past I have frequently doubted my ability to fulfill this task, or even the wisdom of tackling it in the first place, but “Knowledge has a self-correcting principle” and repeatedly returns me to this task and fills me with confidence that I can do it. It is my Inner Guidance. I am truly experiencing this today. I am beginning to distinguish between what is created by my negative imagination and what is coming from Knowledge. It just feels different.

November 28, 2014 Round Two: This is the perfect Step for me today. I am dealing with an issue and this seems to speak to it directly.
“If you are going against your Knowledge, you will be ill at ease with yourself, and this will give rise to anxiety. … But, then, there is fear that is born of the violation of Knowledge. This is more a discomfort than a fear, for it rarely carries with it any kind of imagery at all…”
My practices today brought more tangible and clear confirmation that my Teachers are with me. I feel them, I feel their love for me, I feel I am worthy of their love. I am not some sorry being scrambling around trying to make sense of it all, I have a spiritual core that is connected to the rest of Creation, and this is glorious. I have no need to fear for my Teachers are with me.

November 6, 2018 Round Three: This step is warning about getting caught up in my negative imagination and representing it as reality. Fear and negativity are most often a violation of Knowledge. When this happens I feel discomfort, rather than fear. I need to pay heed to those times and it usually happens right before the event. I remember the discomfort I felt about going to Scheleiki the last time - we waited so long to go and right before doing so, I felt ill-at-ease about it, then wondered what the hell we were doing there after we arrived. My inner teachers (Knowledge) are with me. I need not fear.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step Three Hundred and Seventeen

Step Three Hundred and Twelve

Step Three Hundred and Fifteen