Step One Hundred


Step 100. Today I Am A Beginning Student Of Knowledge.
You are a beginning student of Knowledge. Accept this starting place. Do not claim more for yourself, for you do not understand the road to Knowledge. On the road to greater assumptions you may have garnered great rewards for yourself, but that leads in another direction from the road to Knowledge, where all things that are unreal are relinquished and all things that are genuine are embraced. The road to Knowledge is not a road that people have imagined for themselves, for it is not born of imagination.

Therefore, be a beginning student of Knowledge. Upon the hour repeat this statement and give it serious consideration. Regardless of your view of yourself, whether it is exalted or diminished, no matter what you have done before, no matter what you consider your accomplishments to be, you are a beginning student of Knowledge. As a beginning student you will want to learn everything that can be learned, and you will not have the burden of defending that which you think you have claimed already. This will ease your burden in life considerably and give you the possibility for true motivation and enthusiasm, which are lacking now.

Be a beginning student of Knowledge. Begin your two longer practice periods with this affirmation and allow yourself to sit in stillness and to receive. Without petitions, without questions and without expectations or demands, allow your mind to be quiet, for you are a beginning student of Knowledge and do not yet know what to ask for or what to expect.

Practice 100:
 
Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.

Here you will find the entire book free for download http://stepstoknowledge.com/

Here you will find pointers for getting started if this is your first encounter with this practice: Taking the Steps to Knowledge.


March 24, 2014 Round One: I feel that this Step is asking me to begin from a blank page. As a beginning student of Knowledge and asked to relinquish my assumptions and what is not real, I am really being asked to start afresh, start from a place where “anything goes.” I can accept that I know nothing and I can also accept the fact that what I have considered to be genuine up to this point may not actually be genuine at all. 

October 26, 2014 Round Two: "you are a beginning student of Knowledge and do not yet know what to ask for or what to expect."

I certainly do not know what to expect, for life is a mystery, I just want to be prepared for whatever may come up in life as it comes up.

"no matter what you consider your accomplishments to be, you are a beginning student of Knowledge."

I have been thinking I have accomplished something, but I am fully ready to agree with what it says in this Step and accept that I am a beginning student who cannot imagine anything for myself and who does not know where the road to Knowledge will take me and what it entails.

"The road to Knowledge is not a road that people have imagined for themselves, for it is not born of imagination."

It is hard not to imagine. It seems that all my mind does is conjure up pictures, images, and engage in imagination. I have been affirming that I am a beginning student, this is very freeing and takes much of the pressure off.

"As a beginning student you will want to learn everything that can be learned, and you will not have the burden of defending that which you think you have claimed already."

Precisely!

October 9, 2018 Round Three: I feel that this Step is asking me to be a beginning student of Knowledge just for today. There can never be enough humility in my life and it is not worth claiming more than I have accomplished, even if I feel I have accomplished a lot. I may not have been a beginning student when I did Steps the first time, so this third time I am certainly not a beginning student. But I can place myself in that position today and refer to myself as a beginning student who is open to learn new things and unlearn old. I am always open to knowing the truth. Today I will be a beginning student of Knowledge and not assume I know more than I do or have accomplished more than I have. I will be still and receptive to what Knowledge has for me. Today I will be humble and unassuming. I will not claim more, the road to Knowledge is nothing I can imagine for myself. I am open and receptive to all eventualities.

First meditation - 5.18 - 5.48. Came out of stillness at 5.43. I thought I needed to message Greg, but he wasn’t up yet. I hope he is well on his way to the airport by now. His plane leaves at 9.20. I saw him surrounded in glowing light. I saw myself on the road to Knowledge as a small girl, the road led into the light. I was in awe and excited to see what lay up ahead. It is the same for Greg today.

It was below zero in the night. Frost on the grass and light cloud cover when I went out to my exercises in the dawn. Yesterday they brought us wood supplies for the winter.

Greg made it safely to his destination.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step Three Hundred and Seventeen

Step Three Hundred and Twelve

Step Three Hundred and Fifteen