Step One Hundred and Three


Step 103. I Am Honored By God.
You are honored by God, and yet this statement can inflame your sense of uncertainty, arouse your sense of guilt, confuse your sense of pride and stimulate all manner of conflict that actually exists within you now. In the past you have attempted to be something unreal, and it has failed you. Now you are afraid to be anything for fear that failure will pursue you once again. Thus, greatness appears to be littleness and littleness appears to be greatness, and all things are seen backwards or reversed from their true meaning.

You are honored by God whether you can accept this or not. It is true regardless of human evaluation, for only things that are beyond evaluation are true. We are taking you to that which is beyond evaluation, which will be the greatest discovery possible in this life or in any life.

Upon the hour repeat this statement and consider it seriously. In your two practice periods, allow your mind once again to be still and receptive so that you may learn to receive the honor that God has for you. Surely, this honor must be directed towards a part of you that you are barely aware of. It is not your behavior that is honored. It is not your idealism that is honored. It is not your beliefs, your assumptions, your demands or your fears. These may be for good or for ill. These may serve you or betray you. But honor is reserved for something greater, which you are now learning to recognize.

Practice 103: Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.

Here you will find the entire book free for download http://stepstoknowledge.com/

Here you will find pointers for getting started if this is your first encounter with this practice: Taking the Steps to Knowledge.

March 28, 2013 Round One: The words that jump out at me in this Step are “only things that are beyond evaluation are true.” How profound! Now if only I could get my head around it, I might actually be accomplishing something. And the whole bit about being honored – at first it seems too much for a mere (poor) mortal like myself, but by the time I get to the end of this Step and really ponder its meaning, I realize a whole different approach is needed. It is the “part of me that I am barely aware of” that is being honored, the part of me that belongs to the whole, that comes from the Godsource, so how could it not be honored? If I do not accept that honoring, I am slapping all of creation in the face.

October 30, 2014 Round Two: What I shared in the last Step seems more appropriate for this one – “being honored by God.” I never cease to be amazed at how I seem to anticipate what is to come in the next step while practicing the previous. And it is totally unconscious. I can accept being honored when I realize we are not talking about me as an individual, me with my personal traits and foibles, but something more expansive, on a different plane. 

"We are taking you to that which is beyond evaluation, which will be the greatest discovery possible in this life or in any life."

A mysterious quotation came my way today:

"Stand within your mind and it will seem to engulf you.
"Stand outside your mind and you will be able to see through it, direct it and use it.

In my deeper practices today, I tried standing outside my mind.

Of late I have been feeling overwhelmed, engulfed, as though my mind is closing in on me. I strive for a broader view, a bird’s eye view, I wish to see, I wish to know, and it is indeed a great discovery to be taken to that which is beyond evaluation.

"This is the gift to you. This is how God restores you without overwhelming you. This is how God connects with you without creating great confusion. This is how God nourishes you. You need this nourishment now. You know it is true. Come to be with Grace. Mavran, Mavran, Couria Sy. Ontaya Lok No. Let the ancient language of the inner world make you resonate and blush. Let it strike you as if you were a bell and it was ­­­­­ringing you gently. Let it pass through you like the wind through the grain."


I am beginning to experience being outside the mind rather and engulfed by it. I am beginning to feel what it is like to shed the mind. I am beginning to understand what it means by “only things that are beyond evaluation are true.”

Even just catching a glimpse, even if it is only fleeting, it is enough to spur me on.

October 12, 2018 Round Three: I get this Step and what God is honoring in me. God is honoring the part of me that is connected to God. God is honoring God’s energy in me. This is beyond evaluation and the things that are beyond evaluation are true. I love this! What Greg is doing is beyond evaluation… He sent a video of where he is staying. It is a lovely room on the third floor of an old-style building in the center of town with a palm tree outside the window. I felt such relief and peace on seeing it. All is well. I messaged with El. She said Greg had posted a few pics on Instagram. Cherida invited him to Texas. Greg said he was thinking about visiting family for Christmas :) So he is not planning on coming back next week - lol.

First meditation - 5.29 - 5.49. Twenty minutes was enough. I am doing the hourlies this morning too - repeating the statement “I am honored by God.” I feel it, I know it to be true. I stood in the loving golden light of the 12th chakra - the God realm. I feel happy and in balance today with a deep sense that all is heading in the right direction.

I basked in the glow of Greg’s video all day. He sent more pictures of Charleston later and a few videos obviously taken early in the morning with the sun rising over the ocean. We were online at the same time. I asked if I could call. He said he would call me later. Sasha is suspicious of the whole thing still. He feels Greg is hiding something from us, not telling all the details. We shall see.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step Three Hundred and Seventeen

Step Three Hundred and Fifteen

Step Three Hundred and Twelve