Step One Hundred and One


"Wonder what the World has in store for us Sam?..." 


Step 101. The World Needs Me, But I Will Wait.
Why wait when the world needs you? Does this not seem inconsistent with the teaching that we are presenting? It is actually not inconsistent at all, if you understand its meaning. Since the world needs you, waiting would seem to be an injustice and an irresponsibility. Is this not inconsistent with what we are teaching? No, it is not inconsistent if you understand its meaning. If you have seriously considered what we have given you thus far in your preparation, you will realize that on its own, Knowledge within you will respond to the world, and you will feel moved to give in certain places and not moved to give in others. This great response within you will not be born of personal weakness, personal insecurity or the need for acceptance or recognition. It will not be a form of avoidance or guilt. In fact, it will have nothing to do with you at all. That is why it is very great, for it is not meant to remedy your littleness, but to demonstrate the power of Knowledge that exists in the world so that you may bear witness to it and be a vehicle for its expression.

Why wait when the world needs you? Because you are not yet ready to give. Why wait when the world needs you? Because you do not understand its need yet. Why wait when the world needs you? Because you will give for the wrong reasons and will only fortify your dilemma. The time of giving will come, and your life will give of itself, and you will be prepared to accept this, to respond to it and to follow the guidance of Knowledge that is within you. If you are to be of true service to the world, you must be prepared, and that is what we are undertaking now.

Let not the tribulations of the world give you great anxiety. Let not the threats of destruction arouse your fear. Let not the injustices of this world stimulate your anger, for if they do, you are looking without Knowledge. You are seeing your own failed idealism. This is not the way of seeing, and so it is not the way of giving. You were sent to give, and your giving is intrinsic to you. You do not need to control it, for it will give of itself when you are prepared. Therefore, your service to the world at this moment is your preparation to be a contributor, and though this will not give you instant gratification for your need to give, it will pave the way for a greater service to be rendered.

In your two practice periods today, actively think about today’s idea and consider it in light of your behavior, your inclinations, your ideas and your beliefs.

Practice 101: Two 30-minute practice periods.



Here you will find the entire book free for download http://stepstoknowledge.com/

Here you will find pointers for getting started if this is your first encounter with this practice: Taking the Steps to Knowledge.

March 25, 2013 Round One: "Knowledge within you will respond to the world, and you will feel moved to give in certain places and not moved to give in others."

This is something I relate to and have felt as an undercurrent throughout my life, although I am only beginning to understand the significance now. When I reflect on my life I can see where I was moved to give and where I was not moved to give. In the past, I tended to berate myself for not giving in certain situations in which I now realize I was simply not moved to give, so I did not respond. I need not blame myself for my lack of involvement in such situations, since now I understand that Knowledge was not moving me to respond. And vice versa, it was Knowledge prompting me to respond in those situations I did feel moved to give. So really this confirms what I have known all along – that all is in divine and perfect order, I just need to stay aware and keep my eyes open to what is true for me.

October 27, 2014 Round Two: Today, as I take this Step, I am fully aware that I need to wait for guidance and until I am prepared before rushing ahead. I am content to know that I am still preparing, that I am a beginning student, and that more shall be revealed in due course and at the right time.
"You were sent to give, and your giving is intrinsic to you. You do not need to control it, for it will give of itself when you are prepared."
This time I understand this Step to be advocating discretion and cautioning against diving headlong into something I still do not have a good understanding of. I wish to stay alert and aware – moved to give where necessary and not moved to give where unnecessary – I do not want to be like a bull in a china shop.

I understand this Step as saying that I don’t need to construe my own idea of how I should give, I should not push it, I should not barge ahead without really knowing where I am going. I need to be patient and let Knowledge lead the way, gently showing me where I can make my contribution. Waiting does not mean sitting back on my laurels and not doing anything, waiting means being discerning and observant, allowing Knowledge to open up my gifts when and where they are needed.

I am not deliberately withholding my contribution, I am waiting for an opportune time to share it so that it may reap the greatest benefits. I am in active preparation, ever mindful and watchful for the proper opportunity.

October 10, 2018 Round Three: Today is a day of active contemplation during my practice periods. During the first practice (5.28 - 5.50) I felt confirmation that I am in the right place doing the right thing. My plot and what I do on it will be necessary during the Great Waves of Change and I will make my contribution then. It may not be for another ten years, but I will have time to prepare and that is what I need to do. All will be well. I will stay here. Whatever happens with Volodya will not change that. We will be living in this house until we can move and all will be well. I feel that and there is no doubt in my mind. I will not listen to what others say, for they do not really know. If I am wrong I will be shown clearly and it will become obvious. So far, nothing of that sort is happening.

I told Dasha, Greg’s first girlfriend, about his move. She responded saying that Greg has always talked about being at a standstill and in search of something new. Obviously he has not found himself yet, says she. Let’s hope that something comes out of this venture for him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step Three Hundred and Seventeen

Step Three Hundred and Twelve

Step Three Hundred and Fifteen