Step Seventy-Two


Step 72. I Will Trust My Deepest Inclinations Today.
Trust your deepest inclinations for they are trustworthy, but you must learn to discern them and distinguish them from the many other desires, compulsions and wishes that you feel and that affect you. You can only learn this through experience. You can learn this because your deepest inclinations always lead you into meaningful relationships and away from isolation or divisive engagements. You must practice this to learn it, and it will take time, but every Step you make in this direction will bring you closer to the source of love in your life and will demonstrate to you the Greater Power that abides with you which you must serve and which you must learn to receive.

In your two practice periods today, in silence and in stillness, receive this Greater Power and trust your deepest inclinations as you do so. Allow yourself to give these two practice periods your full attention, putting all other things aside for later consideration. Allow yourself to recognize your deepest inclinations, which you must learn to trust.

Practice 72: Two 30-minute practice periods.

Here you will find the entire book free for download http://stepstoknowledge.com/


Here you will find pointers for getting started if this is your first encounter with this practice: Taking the Steps to Knowledge.

February 13, 2013 Round One: Trusting my deepest inclinations is often difficult, since usually my first impressions are true, but I do not always recognize them straightaway, nor don’t want to trust them, thinking I am being too quick to judge and thinking I should give things time to crystallize. So I am still learning to trust my deeper inclinations and to receive this Greater Power. I am committed to practicing what this Step offers and allowing my deepest inclinations to manifest in full.

September 23, 2014 Round Two: This time, I am trusting my deepest inclinations more and believing in them, although still giving them time to crystallize, for who knows how things will pan out.

One deep inclination I had many years ago, wow, back in 2000, so 14 years ago, was how right it felt to be translating the books of Alexander Potemkin into English. Something resonated with me, and I have not abandoned my efforts to this day, even though I have been unable to find a publisher in the West, as the author wishes.

This month I am working on editing and polishing my latest translation, the English version of his book "Я", which I translated as My Self, and the cover of which I used for my photo quote today.

Just yesterday, the lady in charge of publication of his books in Russian contacted me to ask me to send her copies of everything I have translated for Mr. Potemkin so far (including the short stories I translated back in 2000). Luckily I have kept copies over the years. As I prepared the texts to send her, I thought about how my deepest inclinations to work with this author have not let me down, I still feel a very strong pull here. Who knows, maybe something will come of it.

Another of my deepest inclinations is my commitment to Sasha (aka Ivan), my husband, even though he drives me up the wall sometimes. We have been through thick and thin together and, even though we are so different, we somehow manage to make it.

As though in confirmation, I opened Secrets of Heaven to p. 249, and read, “The basis for true relationship is established at a deeper level, where even two dissimilar people find a basis for participation that cannot be destroyed by their divergent personalities.”

I am embracing the Greater Power that abides with me and trusting my deeper inclinations.
September 6, 2018 Round Three: Greg is here so I have less time to spend on my own pursuits. I did not do the full first 30 minute meditation this morning because the cats interrupted my concentration. I needed the extra time though to do my other usual stuff before Greg and Sasha woke up and make an omelet for breakfast. They got up around 8.30 and then we went for a walk and a swim. Greg jogged. We are still having beautiful, mild, sunny fall weather. Summer has moved smoothly on to Indian Summer.
September 7, 2018
I am staying on this Step today since I did not do the practices properly yesterday. I did a short stillness practice out on the bench in the garden after doing my exercises. Felt that maybe I needed to step away from Knowledge to help Claire.

30-minute stillness practice 17.05 - 17.35. Claire should have been going through her certification again at this time. I saw her surrounded in golden light, her head free. I hope she passed this time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step Three Hundred and Seventeen

Step Three Hundred and Twelve

Step Three Hundred and Fifteen