Step Twenty-Four


Step 24. I Am Worthy Of God’s Love.
You are indeed worthy of god’s love. In fact, you really are God’s love. Without pretense of any kind, at the very core of yourself, this is your True Self. It is not the Self you yet experience, and until you do experience it, do not pretend that this is your experience. But hold in true awareness that this is your Self. You are a person, but you are greater than a person. How can you be unworthy of God’s love if that is what you are? Your Teachers surround you and provide that which you are so that you may experience yourself and your true relationship with life.

In your two practice periods today, practice receiving once again the love, support and direction of your Teachers, and if any thought obstructs this, if any feeling prevents this, remind yourself of your great worthiness. You are worthy not for what you have done in the world. You are worthy for who you are, where you have come from and where you are going. Your life may be filled with errors and mistakes, wrong decisions and poor choices, but you have still come from your Ancient Home to which you will return. Your worthiness in the sight of God is unchanged. There is only great effort to repair your errors so that you may experience your True Self so that it may be rendered into the world.

Therefore, in your practice periods, practice receptivity and experiencing true worthiness. Let no thought conflict with the greatest truth of life.

Practice 24:
 
Two 15-minute practice periods.



Here you will find the entire book free for download http://stepstoknowledge.com/

Here you will find pointers for getting started if this is your first encounter with this practice: Taking the Steps to Knowledge.

November 28, 2012 Round One: The first time I did steps I was filled with relief when I reached this step because it put my feelings of unworthiness in clearer perspective. I wrote then that feelings of unworthiness come from the Ego, when I operate from my individuality and separation, when I put a value on everything, assess things as good or bad, then I feel unworthy. But that is not what it is all about. It is not about me, it is about my part in the whole, and having realized this, it all makes sense, and of course I am worthy! How could it be otherwise?

July 23, 2014 Round Two: The feelings I experienced the first time are all the stronger this time around.

First practice – out in the woods. If I really am God’s love, how can I not be worthy of God’s love? Love is a constant, it cannot change, and comes from a source that is pure. That is also my source, my True Self, which is not apart from life. Love expresses benevolence and good will. It is the same everywhere, in each person. So this is also the love that I experience and share in the world. I cannot be unworthy of God’s love if that is what I am. It is an inherent part of me, but not mine and not qualified by me. It is universal, eternal, and everywhere. And I am a part. I lean against a tree and breathe in its essence, feeling the energy flow through me and out into the universe to all the others I am connected with. In every moment I can feel connected to God-Source-Light-Love. This is easy and it is the same for everyone.

Second practice – this Step tells me that I am worthy not for what I have done, but for who I am, where I have come from and where I am going. This is powerful, for it gives the whole concept of worthiness a different perspective. I am not an individual, although it seems that way while I abide in a physical body. I am part of something much greater, something that abides in God, therefore I am worthy of God’s love. How can I not be, if this is part of my essence?

July 11, 2018 Round Three: I am God’s love, so how can I be unworthy of it? My Teachers surround me and provide that which I am so that I may experience myself and my true relationship with life. This sentence struck me deeply. I will not analyze it, but just say I have integrated it into my being. I do ask myself whether this is what I am experiencing now. Is it because I am experiencing myself and my true relationship with life that I feel discomfort around people who vibrate at a different energy level? Is this the reason for my crankiness and cattiness? The Step says I am not worthy for what I have done, I am worthy for who I am, where I have come from and where I am going. Despite all my errors here, I have come from my Ancient Home and that makes me worthy. I take comfort in this. I am to experience my True Self while I am in the world so that it may be rendered into the world. I am to let no thought conflict with the greatest truth of life. I am to practice experiencing worthiness.

I couldn’t do my early morning first practice. Volodya was out in the garden, coming down here to turn on the water. Then he came back down to turn it off. He would have passed right by me sitting on the bench if I had not seen him. He would have seen me go to the greenhouse too. And I want to remain unseen. Inside, Denis was snoring up a storm and the neighbors were awake and I could hear them talking through the wall. So no peace and quiet there either. So I will have to wait for a better time.

Volodya and Denis are leaving today. Such a relief. Sasha and I will be able to sleep in peace again and have the garden to ourselves. Volodya will be back around the 20th.

First 15-min practice - front room in the armchair after napping. No noise or distractions. I listened to Marshall’s Practicing the Presence earlier. So profound. I want to develop that peripheral, 3D listening, extending my listening out to the sides, behind, in front and above me, as though I am in a sphere of Stillness with the Presence. I want to know who the three male intrusions are in my emotional energy. Hilary saw three black orbs there. I am looking for clarity.

Second 15-min practice - bedtime 20.55-21.10. I didn’t fall asleep. I practiced feeling the Presence.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step Three Hundred and Seventeen

Step Three Hundred and Twelve

Step Three Hundred and Fifteen