Step Two






Step 2. Knowledge Is With Me. Where Am I?

Knowledge is with you, completely, but it resides in a part of your mind to which you have not yet gained access. Knowledge represents your true self, your true mind and your true relationships in the universe. It also possesses your greater calling in the world and a perfect utilization of your nature, all of your inherent abilities and skills, even your limitations—all to be given for good in the world.

Knowledge is with you, but where are you? Today think about where you are. If you are not with Knowledge, where are you? Therefore, three times today, 10 minutes each, think about where you are, not just physically or geographically, but where you are in terms of your awareness of yourself in the world. Think very, very carefully. Do not allow your mind to distract you from this orientation. It is essential now at the beginning of your preparation to ask these questions very seriously.

Practice 2:
 
three 10-minute practice periods.

Here you will find the entire book free for download http://stepstoknowledge.com/

Here you will find pointers for getting started if this is your first encounter with this practice: Taking the Steps to Knowledge


November 7, 2012 Round One: I am still not with Knowledge, but I am trying to reach it, I am seeking ways to understand.

Robert writes in reply: "You have a journey to take. It will be for the rest of your life. You will learn along the way how to know. It will take time and effort. It will take Steps to Knowledge. It will take consistency and perseverance.

"You will not see the true nature of your journey until the end. And then you will know if you were successful. In the interim you practice and demonstrate and practice and demonstrate, returning to Steps even after you have completed it once, twice or even many times. This is the pathway. This is the great Blessing."

June 26, 2014 Round Two: Where am I? I am starting over, but with a little more insight than the last time.

In the first practice, I thought about where I am with Knowledge. I have no doubts that Knowledge is with me. Knowledge resides in a part of my mind I do not yet have access to, but having been through Steps once, I now have a place I go in my mind where I feel Knowledge resides. It is vast and boundless, very quiet and still, but containing some living pulse. I can go there and just stand, allowing myself to be absorbed by it, or allowing it to absorb me. Knowledge is spontaneous and flowing. My relationship with it must be spontaneous and flowing too. It cannot be contrived, it must come naturally, without thinking.

Second practice – I thought about where I am in terms of my awareness of myself in the world.  Where is my greater calling in the world, where can my inherent talents and skills be best applied, what is the perfect utilization of my nature? I am a translator and this is where my skills and talents are best used. Is perhaps my calling to translate the New Message from God into Russian?

Third practice – I was out in the woods. I thought about Knowledge and where I am in relation to it. I am mostly feeling my way tentatively in the dark with the occasional lucid moment of light and clarity in between. Those moments are buoyant and expansive, thoughts are not necessary, they only impede the movement. Those moments are pure impulse, when an idea comes and I pick it up and run with it, without thinking, it just feels so right and true. Most of the time though I am bogged down in my thoughts, wondering, analyzing, doubting, rethinking. My surface mind ties me up in knots.

June 17, 2018 Round Three: First 10-min practice (4.30-4.40).

Sat on bench in the garden. Cool, clear, sun rising behind the trees. Where am I? Don’t seek answers. My Teachers say I am with them. Expansion in head. I am more than my physical self, my body and my mind. I am a greater being. I am aware of my limitations, my shortcomings, but they are of the physical world. I am a spiritual being. I have an aura beyond my body. I can attract and dispel.

Second 10-min practice (14.40-14.50). 

I am peaceful and content within myself, I have this wonderful feeling of all being right in my life, of anticipation of good things to come, of delight in my study, in what I am doing, in my relationships. I am aware of my thoughts and emotions, I am working through my limitations. I am seeing a true picture of myself, the way I present myself in the world. Some do not like it, some do. That is of no consequence. I am who I am. I no longer worry about what other people think of me. I do not strive to be accepted and liked. I am far from the madding crowd as Moscow goes wild with footballers, I am so glad I am not there. I am in my inner and outer haven.

Third 10-min practice (19.45-19.55). Bedtime.

I am at home in the world.
I am here and comfortable in my own skin.
I am reclaiming Knowledge.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Step Three Hundred and Seventeen

Step Three Hundred and Twelve

Step Three Hundred and Fifteen